Here are the most important reasons to choose the best LED grow lights for weed:
- Space saving design: LED grow lights do not require a lot of space when compared to other types of grow lights. Nor do LED grow lights need to be supplemented by other equipment, like a cooling system. With these comparatively small grow lamps, you can maneuver more freely through the grow room. You don’t have to worry about extra equipment and cooling systems that take up a great deal of space. With better access to your marijuana plants, you can provide better care and attention.
- Energy efficient: The best LED grow lights for weed are extremely energy efficient, and far more efficient that traditional forms of indoor lights. LED grow lights are preferred because they have the power to produce a great deal of light without drawing much power. In the long run, this is an enormous saving on your electricity bill.
- Long Lifespan: With the best LED grow lights, you will be able to grow for years without having to replace your indoor lighting system. The best LED grow lights run for between 50,000 and 100,000 hours. They are hardy and durable compared to other types of grow lights.
- Low running temperature: The best LED grow lights for weed run extremely cool. The temperature of the grow room is crucial for the success of your marijuana grow. LED grow lights have an advantage in that they run at a temperature that is only just warm to the touch.
- Intense light generation: The best LED grow lights generate considerably more light per watt than fluorescent or HID lighting.
- Built in cooling: The best LED grow lights come with small built in fans. This, in addition to the fact that most LED grow lights run relatively cool in any event, means that grow rooms that run on LED grow lights only require extra ventilation in exceptional circumstances.
- No ballast: LED grow lights do not flicker or need a ballast.
All experienced marijuana growers know the problems and hard work it takes to setup a grow room with HID lighting. HID lights and ballasts are heavy, need a lot of support to hang and require frequent replacement because the lights decrease in brightness each year. With the best LED grow lights these issues are a thing of the past.
While the initial investment in the best LED grow lights you can afford may be a substantial, you will more than recoup your outlay over time in cheaper running costs and better marijuana yields.